Bedding is designed to create coziness as well as protect your comforter, pillow, and mattress from soiling. While there are almost no questions about choosing a sheet, and pillowcases come in only two standard sizes, you’ll have to do a lot of work with a duvet cover.
What Is a Duvet Cover?
A duvet cover is a special cover made of different fabrics to protect your comforter from dirt and sweat. Such bedding, if chosen correctly, can create comfort and coziness in the bedroom. Also, it gives an aesthetic and neat appearance to your bed. After reading this material to the end, you can easily choose a duvet covers set that is perfect for you, providing a pleasant and deep sleep.
What Size Do You Need?
Going to a bed linen shop, you will be confused the first time you click “Buy”. You’ll be prompted to choose a duvet cover size, and there are many types, such as single, double, European sizes, models for families, and huge king-size models for large beds. How to choose among these choices? Measure the width to length ratio of your blanket with a tape measure and write down the data. Chances are your quilt fits one of the standards described above. A standard size duvet cover (140 x 205 cm) is enough for one person; for two people in love or a married couple will suit a double duvet cover with a ratio of 172 x 205 cm, or euro standard – 200 x 220 cm. There are also children’s models, which usually have a ratio of 140 cm in length and 110 cm in width.
- Cotton. We put this eco-friendly and durable material in the first place because it is the best on the market. It is easy to care for, can be ironed and washed.
- Calico gets second place from us, as it is a durable and relatively inexpensive fabric. It dries quickly after washing, calico is easy to iron, and very practical in everyday use. If you have very sensitive skin, then it is better to choose cotton, as the roughness of the calico will irritate your delicate skin.
- The last third place we have with cambric with its lightweight and pleasant-to-the-touch fabric. The minus of this material is that it is very light and will not be suitable for constant use.
Varieties of Duvet Covers
- with a hole in the center;
- with a small hole at the side or bottom;
- with a large opening on the side with a zipper or buttons.
LINENS & HUTCH has everything you are looking for, go and check!